Monday, February 25, 2013

Poached Eggs

I've always wanted to make poached eggs.  I just didn't know how to.  I thought you needed this special pan or something.  My grandma would make poached eggs for me when I would come visit and spend the night when I was younger.  I loved it when she made me poached eggs.  It's the perfect combination of a hard-boiled egg and over-easy egg.  You still get a bit of a runny yolk.  AHH I LOVE eggs!  I eat them every day.  I've never had problems eating eggs which I am very thankful for!


Ingredients:

2-3 eggs
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
water
salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions:

1.  Add water to a small pot about an inch or so.
2.  Add 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used lime juice, I didn't have any lemons-So either works!
3.  Bring water to a boil.  In a small bowl, crack open the eggs and pour in.
4.  Once water is brought to a boil, carefuly slide in the eggs from the bowl into the boiling water.
5.  Boil for 3-4 minutes (I did 4-and they were perfect).
6.  Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.

Poached eggs are SO fun to make!
It's a nice change from scrambled eggs.
And they look so cute when they're all done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment