Saturday, February 16, 2013

My "Paleo" Valentine's Day

Blake and I stayed home for Valentine's Day because I wanted to make him a nice romantic dinner.  On the weekend we went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant because we knew it would be less busy/crazy!  But then again, this restaurant is NEVER busy.  I always feel kinda bad when I see NO ONE in there.  But I'm telling you, BEST CHINESE FOOD EVER!

Anyway, back to our Valentine's Day.  I made a very yummy/healthy meal.




Chicken parmesan is a favorite of ours.  I used a recipe from Skinnytaste.com but I used olive oil (instead of butter) and almond flour (instead of all-purpose flour).  You can find the recipe HERE

For the "mashed potatoes", I made mashed cauliflower instead with minced garlic, thyme and chives.  It really was delicious, now mind the fact that NOTHING is better than creamy, buttery, mashed potatoes! But still, I rather enjoyed this recipe!  You can find the recipe HERE

For dessert, I made some DELICIOUS (non-dairy) ice-cream--Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice-cream.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to make this.  You can find the recipe HERE

For gifts, I asked Blake not to get me any flowers, chocolates or big massive teddy bears.  Not saying that I never like getting these kinds of things.  But rather, this year I wanted to receive something that I could use.  The night before, he was so sneeky with my first gift.  I went to grab my phone and he slipped on my new phone-cover! It's got a bit of bling-bling and it's white.  I LOVE IT!  He did a really good job.  Then on actual Valentine's day he gave me the BEST gift ever!  He pre-ordered Jillian Michael's NEW workout DVD that's released March 5th!  I'M SO EXCITED!

I know...I'm a nerd.  haha.

So for Blake's gifts I got him a bag of butterfingers-one of his favorite candies.  Then I got him some clothes--flannel shirt, sweater, white shirt and b-ball shorts---he has a ton & I love wearing them too--So COMFY!  Anyway, that was our Valentine's day!  It was laid-back and wonderful! 

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment