Monday, July 1, 2013

Smoothie Shortcut: Freeze Your Ingredients Ahead of Time

Lately I've been making a smoothie every morning!  It's a great way to start off my day.  And it's easier than making anything else if you're into "making" your breakfast rather than bowl and cereal like *muah*.  So I wanted to make my smoothies even easier.  So I've been freezing and chopping my ingredients ahead of time.  It makes it a lot easier to just pop in the ingredients into my blender.  It comes together even better when it's frozen.  It adds a nice touch.  Lately I've been freezing my spinach into individual baggies for a single smoothie serving.  It's easy to break apart when it's frozen.  I also have been slicing up my bananas.  It's easier than slicing them frozen.  

Here are some Smoothie Recipes to Try:



I do a "Glowing Green Smoothie" every morning.  I finally got it down perfectly! It's absolutely delicious.  I look forward to it every morning!

I do mine a little differently: 1 single serving
2 c spinach, 1 c romaine lettuce, 1/2 c celery, 1/2 c Arugula,  1/2 banana, 1/2 pear or 1 kiwi** , 1 spoonful ground flax meal, 1 tsp spirulina, 1/2 tsp maca powder, 1/2-1 c cold water (depending on how thick or thin you want it), 1/4 c of almond milk (vanilla, unsweetened) and 1 c ice.  

**The pear makes it sweet, kiwi makes it sweet/tangy, My favorite is with a kiwi.







Beautiful color Huh?
I love using purple cabbage in my smoothie! 
It doesn't add any flavor, just a beautiful color & some Vitamin C!

1 comment:

  1. looks healthy and tasty at the same time , I am surely gonna try this
    https://www.hhwholesaleclub.com/

    ReplyDelete