Monday, June 10, 2013

Workout Week # 14


So a couple weeks ago my husband and I went on a little adventure into the woods up in Provo.  We went on a 1 1/2 hour hike, had some lunch, then headed back.  We had a blast.  The weather was perfect.  I've always loved hiking.  Normally I just hike the Y (atop of a mountain, Insignia of BYU) which is made up of switchbacks.  I personally love the challenge but I do like to do other types of hikes as well.  I recently discovered this trail close to the house that I can walk to.  It's AMAZING.  I love being outside.  There's something very sacred about being out in the sun with nature.  I feel rejuvenated and at peace when I spend more time hiking whether with friends or by myself.  Lately I've been hiking this trail by myself (while my husband is at work) to listen to health podcasts.  It's super relaxing for me and I don't feel like I'm working out.  I could walk for hours!  The trail keeps going on and on.  Each time I've gone a little further.  I wonder where the trail ends?!?


Last Week's Workouts:

Monday: Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
Tuesday: Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones 
Wednesday: Jillian Michael's Hard Body, Level 2 (only 25 minutes) + 90 minute hike
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 80 minute hike
Sunday: REST

RED= Mostly Strength workout
BLUE= Purely Cardio

No comments:

Post a Comment