Friday, June 14, 2013

Making Your Salads More Colorful!


Mostly I eat salads to help just get some roughage into my diet..You know for Fiber and all that stuff!

I prefer cooked/baked/steamed vegetables! YUMM!

BUT when I do put together a salad I go for TEXTURE and COLOR!

In Salads I love to Add:
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Broccoli Sprouts, Cilantro, Shredded Carrots, Apples, Purple Cabbage, Red/yellow/orange bell peppers, spinach, Avocado, Hemp Seeds (Great for Protein),  Sweet Potato, and for Meat: I love Pulled Pork, Grilled Chicken or Chopped up Homemade Turkey Burgers.

Here's another Salad I made:

In this salad I have:
Cabbage, Shredded carrots, Cilantro, Cauliflower, Leftover Pecan Crusted /Mustard Chicken, 1/2 Diced Apple, Salad Dressing:  Paul Newman's Olive Oil & Vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment