Friday, June 7, 2013

Trying Something New: Broccoli Sprouts



One of my favorite things to do at the Grocery store is to look around the veggie/fruit section and try some new things!  Its great to get variety into your diet.  Plus I tend to get bored with the same thing every week.  So I spice it up with a new kind of fruit or veggie.

Today I decided to pick up some Broccoli sprouts at the grocery store.  I've never tried them before. I read about them from Kimberly Snyder, CN.  Broccoli sprouts pack wonderful enzymes to help break down your food and they also have protective benefits against carcinogens (toxins, free radicals).  They're great on salads or add to a green smoothie.  I think next time I'll pick up some Alfalfa Sprouts.  They have so many wonderful benefits as well (high in antioxidants and may prevent menopausal symptoms).

She's been my inspiration of late.  She inspires me to eat more veggies throughout my day.  You can read more about what she says on Sprouts/Microgreens HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment