Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Word of Focus: BALANCE

Kimberly Snyder  CN and Yogi.  My inspiration.
Can you believe in less than a week we will be halfway through the year!!!!  I cannot believe time has flown by so fast!  I like to make goals but I don't get caught up on keeping the same goals all year round.  I'm constantly tweaking my goals to better fit me.  Or I realize that that particular goal just isn't important to me as other goals and therefore remove it. Because If I could make a long list of goals, I would.  BUT it's impossible to achieve a long list of goals.  So I try to keep it practical which is still hard to do sometimes because I still get ahead of myself.

Not only have I been focusing on goals of late but also MY WORD OF FOCUS.  I listened to this podcast from a lady that had a WORD that she wanted to focus on throughout the year.  Her word is "QUALITY."  Fantastic word right?!? Her goal was to have quality in everything she consumed and did for her self.  She was going to eat quality food, not processed junk.  She was going to work hard at the gym and do quality workout sessions to get the best out of it.

So I started to think....What could be my WORD OF FOCUS this year.  Six months later and it finally hit me.  My word is "BALANCE."  I have a really hard time balancing life.  I'm always leaning one way or the other.  I have this "All or Nothing" mentality sometimes.  I need to balance my thoughts better.  I need to balance my time.  I need to balance my secular life and spiritual life.  It's all about balance.  I know that if I focus on balancing out my life more, I won't be obsessing over the things that don't matter in the end.  It's almost like hitting that RESTART BUTTON of coming to realize again what I want in this life and what's really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment