Thursday, March 21, 2013

Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries


Last night I made some Burgers & Fries.
For the first time about a month ago I bought Grass-fed Beef!

Wow!  I can't believe what I've been missing out on!
It's so perfect for making burgers.

Granted, grass-fed beef is more expensive but I buy it to treat myself once and a while.
And I only use it to make burgers.  If I need some ground meet for a casserole or main dish, then I typically use ground turkey, ground pork and ground chicken.

I don't really like ground beef.  ehh it's okay.

I'm so excited about these burgers because I finally created my IDEAL BURGER!
so here it is!

LAURA'S BURGERS:

1 lb grass-fed beef
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp course sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 garlic clove chopped


Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl by hand.  Divide meat into 4 burgers.
Grill or cook on the stove!

DELICIOUS!

LAURA'S SWEET POTATO FRIES:

1 sweet potato
1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil, melted
Rosemary
Course sea salt

Cut up sweet potato into "matchsticks" or thicker.  In a medium bowl, add cut up sweet potato, 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil (melted), dash of rosemary and dash of sea salt.  Mix well.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.  Increase oven temperature to 
425 and bake 5 minutes for that crispy finishing touch!




No comments:

Post a Comment