Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Night of Wellness


FEELING  OVERWELMED

Wednesday night I had the absolute pleasure of going to a Ladies Only function to hear about Whole Foods, Cultured Foods and Natural Cleaners.  Holy COW!  

FIRST, Let me just start by saying....I AM OVERWHELMED!  

SECOND, I have been brainwashed my WHOLE LIFE!

I already knew most about eating clean but when you throw in making cultured foods and making your own natural cleaners.... *sigh*
There's just so much more I need to do to invite NATURAL EVERYTHING into MY HOME!

I know it may sound silly and granolla-E
But I do believe in make a safe home for your family.

More and more each day, items you buy at the store are being more and more processed which means it's becoming more and more dangerous to have in your home.

And yes, I am overwhelmed but I'm excited about the journey!

Because I don't want chemicals to mess with my hormones.
I don't want to make my anxiety worse.
I want to live a happy and healthy life.

And I need to look beyond just the foods that I'm eating.


NATURAL CLEANERS


Going in, I really had no knowledge of natural cleaners.
I see it all the time on pinterest but pay no attention to actually DOING IT!

The speaker gave us a copy of her natural cleaners that she has tried and used and LOVES!

So I'm really excited about her recipes.  She has recipes for All-purpose cleaner TO Toilet bowl cleaner, TO Laundry Soap TO Natural Deodorant!

HELLO!  Deodorant?  I know.
But she convinced me.

And it's WAY cheaper than buying those DOVE deodorants.
Plus, you can buy essential oils to make it any beautiful scent you want.

In fact she went to a conference in Salt Lake City called DoTerra where all they talk about is essential oils and how they can help your wellbeing!  I'm super fascinated!

Anywho!

She acclaims that her naturally made laundry soap has made her clothes brighter and gets the craziest stains out of her children's clothes!  

I like her approach to trying it out and seeing if she likes it.
Which is all that should be asked of ANY of us!

Why NOT try it out and see if it's better.  If not, Then to hell all of those Holistic Peeps.
But I'm hopeful for these changes and I think it will improve my wellbeing and the wellbeing of those little ones that I hope to produce some day :)


MAKING CULTERED FOODS, AKA Preserving Foods the Natural Way


Now real quick, I mentioned cultured foods.

Culturing foods is like creating Kimchi--Korean fermented Cabbage.
It's allowing Lactofermentation to take place to "preserve" food the natural way rather than the processed way!

How cool is that!  This is actually old news.  People have been doing this for 100's of years.
But then big companies took over and canned and processed everything for us.

So instead of opening a bottle of processed ketchup.  You can open a jar of lactofermented ketchup and it keeps for a long time...the NATURAL WAY.  Also, the lactofermentation provides Pro-biotics to help clean out your digestive system which helps give you more energy.

One interesting fact she mentioned was that Ketchup use to be the most healthy condiment for you because it was made from fresh plump tomatoes.  Now, they've added Fructose Corn Syrup and is overly processed.

So imagine, you could eat all the ketchup you want without even minding the negative health benefits that we have to deal with today.



The Politics of Food

The more I'm learning about food, the more I'm realizing the politics of food and how "BIG COMAPNIES" are taking over the world and brainwashing us into thinking their products are safe when really they're not!








WHAT I'M GOING TO DO

*BIG BREATH* 

So I want you to know, I'm not overwhelmed because I feel like I'm stressed, I'm overwhelmed because I'm SUPER excited to try EVERYTHING that I've learned.  I love trying new things that can benefit a better wellbeing.  Who wouldn't be excited about that?!?

Okay, so really I think I'm going to focus on changing to natural products little by little and see how it goes.  I gotta say I am DANG excited about trying that deodorant...haha I don't know why!

4 comments:

  1. I made my own laundry soap for years until I got to busy. It worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to try that out. Apparently it's super cheap to do!

      Delete
  2. Laura! I love your posts! I wish we lived close so we could do all these things together! My family has done stuff like this and they have really liked it...i am often too busy/lazy to make it happen, but i know in the end it is worth it. Anyway! It would be so much more fun to do it with someone - like you! But! Oh well - for now, thanks for your posts - they are great - i'm looking forward to seeing how things go for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! You're so sweet! I still imagine you marrying my brother haha. I've always liked you! And yes we would have a lot of fun trying these things out together. We will just have to try it miles away! I hope all is well :)

      Delete