Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Highly Recommend...

I'm posting this picture because this has been my motivation lately for my workouts, 
And it couldn't be more true! It really helps me to push myself!


So remember back when I use to post about exercise AND baking/cooking on my blog?? 

Now I have a separate blog dedicated to fitness, wellness, eating healthy,
maybe a couple Ramblings here and there AND etc!

I can motivate you...YOU can motivate me.
Kapeesh?!....Kapeesh!

I've been really craving to talk about exercise/fitness/wellness lately!
I think it's just with the New Year and New Years Resolutions and such.


I want to talk about: 
1.  DVD's I want to recommend, because I have HUGE collection and it's only growing!
2.  Post, pre-workout snacks that help me stay full
3.  Recommended protein powders
4.  Recommended supplements for healthy skin 
5.  Recommended supplements for Optimal Energy
6.  Low-down on how to avoid (at least give you better chances!) the nasty FLU this season
7.  My favorite AB workouts that have helped me maintain a lean stomach.

Anyway....those are just some of my thoughts!


This will help me get it out of my system.  Because when I learn something really fascinating, 
I just want to shout it to the world!  A lot of my conversations with friends, 
family and co-workers tend to start out with...DID YOU KNOW THAT??

And WELL, it's because I'm a fitness/health/wellness GURU!

I think it's good to know about what's out there that makes you happy, healthy and STRONG!
And I like to be at my best, and that starts with how I treat my body, and what I put into my body.

So that's why I love it so much.

So this post is about what I would highly recommend in Workout DVD's.


I use to pay $20 some dollars a month to go to a gym.  The first workout DVD I ever bought was Jillian Michael's Trouble Zones! I haven't gone back to the gym since AND my body has transformed since leaving the boring treadmill and Gym which I don't miss because they smell and they always have people prancing around showing off...UGH!

So here's my list:

My Top 3 DVD's that have put me in the BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE:

1.  ALL Insanity DVDs
Cardio & Plyometrics, no weights, just yo' BODY!

Cardio & Weights

Weights, Cardio, Abs


MY Top 3 DVD's,  little less intense but still a GREAT workout:
Weights & Abs

Very similar to Ripped in 30, but only 3 workouts
Weights, Cardio, Abs

Weights, Cardio, Abs


My Top 3 Dvd's for my Active Recovery Days:



And I can't help but mention these workout DVD's, just cuz they're Awesome!
Weights, Yoga, Abs

Weights, lil' Cardio and Abs

No Weights


So there's my list.  Again all of these are highly recommended and will kick your butt!
But ultimately feel GREAT afterwards!

I like to cycle through all of these DVD's

In a later post I'll lay out for you what a typical workout week may 
look like for me which really has helped me get the BEST results!


I can't wait to post more in the Future!

6 comments:

  1. Great blog Laura. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you posted this. I have been trying to find a good work out dvd that I can try out at home with my kid around. The gym daycare is full of sickies this time of year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Let me know if you try any of them out! Some of these you might even be able to find at a library.

      Delete
  3. I just got the insanity set... and although I've barely started I'm looking into DVDs to do after that are more geared on strength training. I noticed that the only P90X video you talk about is the yoga one. Have you tried the others? And if so, what makes you lean more towards Bob Harper Jillian (just looking into my option and wondering what your opinion is on that)
    Thanks!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janet! For P90X, I also mentioned towards the end that I really enjoy the Plyometrics and Kenpo DVD as well. I only enjoy 3 of their DVDS because most of the others are chest/back/arms/shoulders and such. I like doing a workout that works the whole body, not just one specific area. Plus being a girl, I'm not too concerned to work on my upper strength (specifically) on one DVD. And I love more movement in my workouts, (some sort of cardio) intermixed with everything else (abs, weights etc.).

      I do love working out my arms but when it's combined with everything else. And that's why I love Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper's DVDS. Jillian Michaels really is the pro at this. Her DVD's are workouts that use the interval training method: warm up, followed by repetitions of exercises- and she moves fast too! I have felt the most burn from interval training. Bob Harper uses interval training method also, but I've noticed he likes to work the arms more, he doesn't do a whole lot with abs. He does work legs but along with the arms. You're constantly moving in his DVDs (ones that I've mentioned above) and I like that. So all in all, I guess I just like the constant movement! They are the most challenging to me. And I just find the dvd's that I mentioned above, the most challenging!

      Insanity is more of a high-intensity interval training which I love because it's my challenge for the week. I like to challenge myself and improve and that's why I like insanity. I'm sure it will always be a challenge :)

      I hope that answered your questions!

      Delete