Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Week of My Workouts

I thought I might share with you what a typical workout week may look like for me.I try to alternate between Cardio & Strength (Weights).

That has worked out the best for me.  That way I don't overwork my muscles if I'm lifting.  Insanity is mainly cardio.  It's my go-to-workout for purely cardio and no lifting.

Bob Harper has some really great workout DVD's that use a lot of weights!  I only use 5 lb. and 8 lb. dumbbells.  I am contemplating on getting one 10 lb. weight for exercises that require one dumbbell so I can improve my strength.  So we will see about that.

I don't normally workout on Sundays but I was really looking forward to a yoga session.  I truly enjoy yoga and therefore doesn't feel like a workout for me but rather I'm stretching my limbs from preventing soreness from the workouts earlier that week.  So the Yoga was a bonus workout for me, Purely enjoyment!

Overall, I think the key to workouts is to change it up.  The reason I have so many workout DVD's is because I get bored and I want to try new methods and workout different areas of my body.  But I have always been good about cycling through ALL of my DVD's so I can still get good use out of them.  The beginning of each day I focus on what workout I will be doing after work.  I get excited because I have so many CHOICES.  Being able to choose your workout rather than FORCING yourself to workout is key for me!  I look forward to my workout every day.  Because I CHOOSE what I want to accomplish that day!

Last Week's Workouts:

Monday: Insanity Max Interval Plyo (1 hour)
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, Level 4 and Level 3 (50ish minutes)
Wednesday: Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance (40 minutes)
Thursday: Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength (1 hour)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Bob Harper's Body Rev Cardio Conditioning (1 hour, I was only able to squeeze in 40 min)
Sunday: Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior (1 hour)

RED= Mostly Strength workout
BLUE= Purely Cardio





I had to be lame and take pics in the bathroom.  My photographer was at work at the moment! Haha so enjoy my lame picture-taking skills.

3 comments: