Friday, April 26, 2013

Workout Week #12



This quote has been my focus this week.  I'm trying to give my body a bit of a break but still effectively strengthening it at the same time.  I think I've been so caught up in HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) that I thought the only way to get fit was with HIIT.  That is SOOO not the case but honestly I just loved the challenge.  But it was time to include some workouts that would not beat up my body so much.  We are not made to do HIIT all the time, or run long distances.  I would say the safest, most effective workouts would be YOGA and WALKING.  If that was all you did and you ate healthy, you still would create a ROCKING body.  Mostly because YOGA and WALKING is not stressful on the body whatsoever.  

Now I use to be a big runner.  That was my main form of exercise but over the years I've tried many different workouts and surprisingly, running is the last thing I will do now.  I find it very boring.  So I only do it once and a while.  So if you're not a runner, don't get down on yourself.  It's not the most effective way to get in shape.  I think most people LOVE to run is because they kind of get this "RUNNER'S HIGH."  Which is awesome, I get  that feeling when I do yoga, cycling, weightlifting as well.  I don't like to over-do-it with running.  And not because the media says that but personally I find that I'm more hungry after I run, and I keep eating to fill the tons of calories I just burned.  And it's rough on my body.  I feel like my whole lower body swells from the lactic acid build-up.   I rarely go running and I'm in the best shape I've ever been.  And that's mostly because I always change up my routine!  

(My Workout Week, Couple weeks ago)

Monday: P90X Yoga
Tuesday: Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body
Wednesday: Jillian Michael's *NEW* Hard Body
Thursday: REST
Friday: P90X Yoga
Saturday: 1 hour Walk, outside
Sunday: REST

RED= Mostly Strength workout
BLUE= Purely Cardio

No comments:

Post a Comment