Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Workout Week #13

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I am focusing on exercises that will help lower my cortisol.  

I hope to implement more active workouts in the future but for now I am REALLY enjoying all the yoga that I'm doing.

I recently tried out a local studio downtown Springville.  It's above an Herbal Shop/ Ginger's Cafe.  It's a mini health food store with supplements, herbs, books, teas, etc!  It also has a cafe which I am dying to try out--Salads, wraps, sandwiches, desserts etc---lots of organic foods. And it's all at reasonable prices.

The studio itself is located upstairs so you have to go in the back.  The studio is rather basic.  They hope to remodel it-- add mirrors, redo the floor.  The ceiling is pretty rad.  It has lots of pretty designs in it.  I like to stare at it while I do my yoga poses.  The only downfall is that the ceiling is pretty short.  Haha I can easily touch the ceiling and I'm pretty short...5'4".  So it's basically Yoga for short people :)

There were only 3 other people there, other than the instructor.  Gwen is the instructor.  I like her very much.  If an instructor is able to calm my mind and leave me feeling rejuvenated and at peace at the same time at the end of their class..then I will come back to the class!  I hope to go every Thursday.  Plus, it's good to get out of the house and meet new people.  

A new Recreation center is being built close by.  I don't think they have opened it yet.  I really hope to start going to their pool and do some laps.  I've never been huge into swimming but I hope to try it out and see if I like it.  I think it's good to try new things.   I'll let you know how it goes.


Last Week's Workouts:

Monday: 1 hour walk, outside
Tuesday: Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior
Wednesday: 1 hour walk, outside
Thursday: Yoga Class (Local Studio)
Friday: Hike (45 minutes)
Saturday: P90X Yoga (1 hr 10 min)
Sunday: REST

RED= Mostly Strength workout
BLUE= Purely Cardio

No comments:

Post a Comment