Friday, May 10, 2013

My Favorite Ways to Use Coconut Oil

This is the kind I use.

I started using coconut oil maybe 3 months ago.  Since then I have experimented with different ways of using Coconut oil.  It's astounding the many uses of coconut oil.  Here are my favorites:


  • Flatten down any FlyAways: I always have these little, annoying hairs that stick up when ever I want to style my hair or put it up.  I like it better than hair spray, because it doesn't leave it sticky and hard.  You only need a little to pat down some annoying hairs to make it appear smooth and sleek.  
  • Body & Face Moisturizer: I especially love rubbing my legs with coconut oil.  It makes my legs look shiny and smooth.  It keeps my legs smooth all day.  Most moisturizers don't last that long.
  • Cuticle Cream: Coconut oil gets rid of your cuticles fast!  It makes your nail beds look really nice and clean.
  • Make-up Remover:  This is the BEST make-up remover I've used.  You just take a nickel/quarter size amount and rub it over face/eyes.  Take a warm washcloth and remove make-up.  It works VERY well!
  • Deodorant: This is my ABSOLUTE favorite deodorant.  It never fails to work!  Plus, personally I don't like the perfumes in deodorants.  Plus, coconut oil doesn't stain your (white) shirts.  All you need is a small amount of coconut oil to rub under your arms and then add a dab of baking soda.  That's it!
  • Lubricant: I'm sorry but it's so true!  It works really well.  'Nuff said :)
  • Supplement: I eat anywhere from 1-4 Tbsp of coconut oil throughout the day.  It helps boost energy and immune system. And it tastes DELICOUS!
  • To Cook with:  Coconut oil works better than butter, due to the fact that nothing sticks when you use coconut oil!  I use it most when I cook eggs in the morning.  It gives the eggs kinda of a "fried" taste.  I love it!
So honestly it's a GREAT investment!
You won't regret it!

I think my favorite part about Coconut Oil is the smell.  
It's as if you're visiting Hawaii every time you put on some coconut oil!

I've never been :) but hopefully I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment